« In other matters | Underdevelopment as Dilettantisme: Why MENA Does Not Attract Capital, Reason No. 5 »

September 09, 2005

Gone a bit [update]

Audit being done, must concentrate on various business items. I am going to be fucking around on business and away from 15 Sep through to 25 Sep. Have to meet the Partners of the Fund and rap about certain issues of mutual interest, such as how expensive I am. Going to be a brutal schedule and need to do some prepping as well for this and a queer meeting with the US Amb.

[added]
Rotted. Just learned that the sort of weekender add on I was planning for this has been fucked. Have to meet with some of the principals in another city (fucking bedouine, motherfuckers should sit still); meaning for the umpteenth time in a row I have to cancel on the woman for that 'romantic get away' weekend thing she's been hounding me about for a year now. I'm really going to have to engage in some major bribery on this. Bloody hell, it's not even scheming on my part.

Posted by The Lounsbury at September 9, 2005 01:24 PM

Comments

A year? It's amazing you still have a woman to continue hounding you!

Posted by: Eva Luna at September 9, 2005 11:34 PM

Not really. Equity.

She now owns an apartment twice as expensive as she could have normally afforded because of my equity injection.

Transactions.

Posted by: lounsbury at September 11, 2005 07:26 PM

You should really pick yourself up a copy of The Almond. If this insane Spanish sojourn thing actually happens, I can pass along Eerie's copy now that I've finished it. Quick read, done in an afternoon.

Posted by: EVa Luna at September 12, 2005 12:46 AM

The book is not sold here; perhaps I may pick it up elsewhere but in general such things don't interest me very much.

Posted by: lounsbury at September 12, 2005 10:46 AM

"The book is not sold here"

I know; you'd mentioned that previously. Thought that in itself might be enough to interest you, but maybe not.

Posted by: Eva Luna at September 12, 2005 12:57 PM

Not really. I am not that interested in either literature or scandalous books. From what I understand, it won't tell me anything I don't already know.

However, perhaps I should find a French copy for my woman, she likes such things for reasons that escape me.

Posted by: lounsbury at September 12, 2005 04:03 PM

Note there may be a title translation discrepancy...reading a back issue of Foreign Policy yesterday, it was apparently referred to as The Fig or somesuch, though how one can confuse figs with almonds is beyond me. But then my knowledge of poetic metaphors in Arabic (or French, for that matter) for female genitalia is rather limited.

Posted by: Eva Luna at September 12, 2005 05:28 PM