« My Man Muammar | Theatre as News (or the other way around) »

February 13, 2006

MENA Biz Blogging

A question, as it were, to you poor abused fools who bother to read this fine little self-indulgent blog, sort of market research.

I think I have been rather too focused on politics and culture of late, and should get back to talking about MENA economies and the like, as well as business. However, for a variety of reasons, I am foreswearing directly commenting on my Titanic and related issues. That hollows out a lot of commentary, nevertheless I believe a survey for potential subject matter that might prove interesting might serve to spark some thoughts on my part.

Posted by The Lounsbury at February 13, 2006 03:43 PM

Comments

How about a short primer on operating effectively and ethically in an environment where bribery and other dodginess is sometimes expected. I believe you did a very interesting post on this ages ago on the LiveJournal site, going through some hypothetical situations and what you considered the appropriate way to handle them.

Posted by: duaneg at February 13, 2006 06:33 PM

Hmmm, well in general that's an interesting angle, it feels a bit like homework. Now, if there is something specific you have in mind, throw me a link and I promise to tackle (a real promise, not one of my fake promises). Running through hypotheticals though feels like work.

Posted by: collounsbury at February 13, 2006 07:20 PM

I didn't have anything specific in mind, although maybe I or someone else can come up with something that tickles your interest. I'll search back through the archives and see what I can find. This post is an example of the sort of thing I was thinking of, though: On business in MENA, a short comment.

Posted by: duaneg at February 14, 2006 12:52 AM

Right. A little inspiration on a particular point is good nevertheless. Recall, I got an elephant's worth of narcotics in me. To say I am a bit hazy does not quite capture my fine state.

Not to complain, believe me, far better than grinding bone pain.

Shall try to work on some comment regardless.

Posted by: collounsbury at February 14, 2006 12:57 AM

Just by the by, and presented for your drugged amusement and/or paranoia, while googling for interesting topics your posts do seem to keep coming up:

Your missives comprise the top three results for scummy expat. Only to be expected, of course.

You are also top for MENA finance.

Not the top, but on the first page for MENA business and MENA fund.

Posted by: duaneg at February 14, 2006 11:58 AM