« Bollocks | Wasta »

November 10, 2006

Tardily, A Return

I'm back, although remaining bloody busy. I shall probably take a moment to type up some observations on in region reactions to the Great American Elections this past week, that despite my aversion to US politics, intruded into the region as Arabs are terribly concerned with the blundering idiocy of the Bush Administration.

Otherwise, you may consider this my "new month" thread of hoary old tradition, a mere week late.

Posted by The Lounsbury at November 10, 2006 02:34 PM

Comments

A true market liberal -- sincerely in favor of open markets openly arrived at, for public policy. In private life, nothing like swimming among the biased, the rent-seeking, the nepotistic and the irrational forces that close the deal, or make the policy.

I am not being ironic or sarcastic. Our market-liberal tribesfolk are often really like that. Humanity is only rational in the aggregate, real-time decisionmaking is a mystical art.

Posted by: matthew hogan at November 10, 2006 08:53 PM

Somewhere a comment of mine on the pleasure of the irrational side of the marketplace got eaten and may have ended up on the wrong thread.

death to the site goddess!

Posted by: matthew hogan at November 10, 2006 09:07 PM

Computers don't make errors, only humans do!

Posted by: eerie [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 11, 2006 04:21 AM

Computers don't make errors, only humans do!

The doctrine of the infallibility of the bit.

Posted by: matthew hogan at November 11, 2006 05:41 AM

Yous tawking about me

Posted by: The Lounsbury at November 11, 2006 11:03 AM

Yous tawking about me

You know, I checked the site log to make sure this was really you. Uncharacteristically funny.

Actually not sure what Matthew's on about, was merely poking fun at him.

Posted by: eerie [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 11, 2006 05:08 PM

glad to see you're still about, L. was afraid the Titanic had pulled you under.

Posted by: drdougfir [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 11, 2006 05:45 PM