« Unique Pleasures | Apologies »

May 16, 2007

Encore Distractions

Afraid short on posting time. Have begun a new therapy regime for the new little problem. Really tedious, this, and cuts into either my work or drinking time which undermines my alcoholism as hobby lifestyle, so also cuts into nerdier things like blog posting.

I'd skip the whole thing, but the Drs are trying to frighten me into believing their nonsense about paralysis and rubbish. One little cloudy thing on a scan and everyone goes nutso, silly gits.

Well, painful therapies are becoming a lifestyle. Pity they don't allow rhum consumption while doing so.

Posted by The Lounsbury at May 16, 2007 01:27 AM

Comments

So sorry to hear this.

Posted by: secretdubai at May 16, 2007 11:51 AM

Mere details, no worries. Drs are just trying to frighten me into not skipping treatments.

Posted by: The Lounsbury at May 16, 2007 05:56 PM

you don't suppose your numb hand has anything to do with your alcoholic lifestyle?

but, seriously. They don't know if the cancer returned then?

Posted by: Klaus [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 16, 2007 06:04 PM

Oh some nonsense about complications, irritating. Have to spend a couple precious hours a day on a clinic thingy bed every day, which is a terrible waste of valuable working or drinking time.

Posted by: The Lounsbury at May 16, 2007 06:22 PM

"Oh some nonsense about complications, irritating."

Not to pry or anything . . . Ok, well, yes, to pry, but I think many of us, having followed this story, are understandably distracted by the ambiguity.

Is this supposed to be a return of cancer of merely another annoying side effect of chemotherapy?

Posted by: Anonymous at May 16, 2007 07:21 PM

Ah...

Posted by: eerie [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 16, 2007 11:27 PM

There's a funny little problem to resolve the spine area. I think we can call it a complication, whatever some pissy little doctors say about paralysis and the like. Thye're clearly prudes who want me to work 9-5 hours and disapprove of my dissolute lifestyle.

Really terribly tedious.

Besides, their silly treatments are boring and painful at the same time. And they annoy me. I think I shall give it a week and let things take their course. Maybe two.

Posted by: The Lounsbury at May 17, 2007 12:26 AM

Ouch. The sidebar commercial has changed from advertising kevlar vests to "Grandma's Natural Arthritis Pain Cure - No Odor, No Sideeffects, No Messy Oily Residue".

Another reason for you to get well soon.

Posted by: alle at May 21, 2007 06:46 AM